The Town Hall/Administration Building is located at 3 N. Main Street in Superior.  Business Hours are 7:30am-12pm and 12:30pm-5pm Monday thru Thursday.  Closed for lunch from 12pm to 12:30pm.  The offices of the Mayor and Town Clerk-Treasurer, Museum, Fitness Center and the Superior Branch Library are in the Administration Building.  To contact the Mayor or Town Clerk’s office call 307-362-8173 or email at


The Museum is located inside of the Administration Building and is open to the public during regular business hours of the Town Clerk.  Several exhibits are on lease from the Sweetwater County Museum in Green River, other exhibits include coal mining history and history of Superior.  The Superior School Trophies are also on display. 


     The Community Room can be rented for events and/or party’s.  A rental form must be complete along with a $25 rental fee and a $50 refundable cleaning deposit and turned into the Town Clerk.  You can download and print the application on the Home page under forms. 


     The Fitness Center is located on the North end of the Administration Building and is open during regular business hours.  You may pick up a key at the Clerks office.  All equipment is either donation or on loan.  The Town assumes no responsibility for any equipment or personal injury.


Services provided by the Town of Superior in the Clerks office include:

  • Copies for $0.30 cents per copy
  • Faxes can be sent and received at the Clerks office during regular business hours for $2 for the first page and $1 per additional page incoming/outgoing  (fax number is 307.362.8173)
  • Notary Public Services are $2 per signature during regular business hours.


Liquor Licenses


Currently has 2 liquor licenses; one Vacant and the other is held by the Horse Thief Saloon. Annual licenses shall be for a period of not more than one year, expiring each year on April 1. Annual licenses shall be a personal privilege of the licensee.

The governing body is hereby authorized to issue the following temporary licenses pursuant to state law and this chapter:

1.                 Malt beverage permits

2.                 Catering permits

3.                 Temporary dispensing room permits

4.                 Extended club hours permits

5.                 Open container waiver permits  

The fee for each license shall be payable at the time of application, shall be paid in cash or certified check, and shall be in the full amount as shown for each class of license below:

a.      Malt Beverage Permit: For a malt beverage permit, the fee shall be fifty dollars ($50) per twenty four (24) hour period.

b.     Catering Permit: For a catering permit, the fee shall be fifty dollars ($50) per twenty four (24) hour period.

c.      Temporary Dispensing Room Permit: For a temporary dispensing room permit, the fee shall be fifty dollars ($50).

d.     Extended Club Hours Permit: For an extended club hours permit, there shall be no fee, but the town may charge a fee to recover administrative expenses.

e.      Open Container Permit: For an open container permit, the applicant shall pay a fifty dollar ($50) deposit to be returned to the applicant if the premises are not damaged and are cleaned to the satisfaction of the town.

f.       Street Closure Permit: For a street closure permit, the applicant shall pay a two hundred dollar ($200) deposit to be returned to the applicant if the premises are not damaged and are cleaned to the satisfaction of the town.

No refund of all or any part of any temporary license or permit fee shall be made at any time following the issuance of the license.



It is unlawful for any person to keep, maintain, pasture, stable, corral, house, or allow to run at large within the corporate limits of the town any horses, cattle, sheep, goats, hogs, mules, donkeys, rabbits, llamas, predatory animals or fowl.

/DID YOU KNOW: When August Paulson became Mayor in 1913 the following ordinance was enacted:  An ordinance prohibiting animals and live stock from running at large and declaring the same to be a nuisance, and providing a penalty therefore was passed and approved on the 30th day of October A.D. 1913./

Dogs:  Any person who shall desire to keep any dog within the town shall make application to the town clerk-treasurer for a license to do so on or before June 15 of each year.   Proof of current rabies inoculations is necessary to purchase your dog license(s).

All "dogs", as defined, shall be kept under "restraint" as defined. It is a public nuisance for one or more dogs to be running at large in the town.

RESTRAINT: Any dog secured by a leash or lead, or under the control of a responsible person and obedient to that person's commands, or within the real property limits of its owner.

No person shall own, keep or harbor or allow to be upon any premises occupied by him, or in, or under his charge or control, any vicious dog or dog that may manifest a disposition to bite anyone, without having the same properly secured and muzzled.

If you are not sure when your Rabies are due the Clerk’s Office keeps records, so if you have a question please call the Town Clerk @ 362-8173.


Proof of current rabies inoculation is necessary to purchase your dog license(s).  Dog licenses are due June 15th of each year.  Prices are $5 for male and spay female, and $10  for females and males.  All dogs must be licensed with the town, puppies must be licensed at 6 months of age.



Business Licenses 


All licenses that may be issued under any ordinance of this town, shall be subject to the ordinances and regulations which may be in force at the time of the issuing thereof, or which may be subsequently established by the town council. If any person so licensed shall violate any of the provisions thereof, he shall be liable to be proceeded against for any fine or penalty imposed thereby, and his license shall be subject to revocation in the discretion of the town council.


Whenever in this code, a license is required for the maintenance, operation or conduct of any business or establishment or for doing business or engaging in any activity or occupation, any person or corporation shall be subject to the requirement if by himself or through an agent, employee or partner, he holds himself forth as being engaged in the business or occupation; or solicits patronage therefor, actively or passively; or performs or attempts to perform any part of such business or occupation in the town.


No license shall be granted, at any one time, for a longer period than one year, and in all cases where it is not expressly otherwise provided, the town council shall have the power to hear applications for and to order the issuance of licenses upon the terms specified by the ordinances of the town. All annual licenses shall terminate on March 1 of each year where no provision is made to the contrary.


Forms for all licenses and permits, and applications therefore, shall be prepared and kept on file by the town clerk-treasurer.  Before any license shall be issued, the petitioner shall deposit with the town clerk-treasurer the amount of $50 the license fee together with a signed petition for said license.  The town clerk-treasurer shall endorse upon such petition the amount of such payment and shall present the license to the town council for action at their next regular meeting.  If license is issued by the mayor and town council, the license shall be issued and signed by the mayor and town clerk-treasurer.




An Application for a Business License is available to download and print from the home page under Forms.



Jail Your Aluminum Cans


Help the environment and our community by recycling your aluminum cans.  Drop cans off in the old jail located at the Transfer Station.  All proceeds are donated to community programs like the Easter Egg Hunt, etc.


Make requests to the Mayor and Council.